My New Gadget Baby: Samsung i780

It will be a month tomorrow since I got my Samsung i780 and well, I'm okay with it. Not ultra-happy but not mega-dissatisfied.

I primarily got this phone, contrary to what I've been advocating about to use function-type phones, because I want a Smart phone. A phone that would be able to push my emails, view Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files on my phone, and surf the net. This is of course, apart from its standard features of text, call, take pictures, play music, etc.

The standard features are okay, except for some quality issues in regard to network signal. For whatever reason, my i780 baby seems to capture minute signals from my Globe network. Either that or Globe's signal is really deteriorating (peace!).

Anyway, going back, the Smart features aren't really that smart. One, the internet function is just bonkers, I cannot download games and music from the Globe WAP portal. I already referred this to both Globe Platinum's and Samsung's customer service but to no avail.

Second, the only provider that pushes my email - incoming and outgoing is Windows Live or my Hotmail. Both my Yahoo emails may only receive and worst of all, my work email cannot receive or send any messages. Sigh!

As for aesthetics, I love the touch and stylus attributes, the big screen, and the quality sound. The qwerty keypad could use some enhancement though, I don't exactly have chubby fingers but they can't seem to jive with the keypad!

Ahhh, I think I may need to consider another phone... oh noh!

Photo credit: www.gsmarena.com

My New Gadget Baby: Samsung i780SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: