Review: CSI Vegas Season 9

Over the past months, I haven't written so much. Been busy with my online shop, my daughter's final exams review, quest for a new job, and a bunch of other things.

I'm now so back and inspired to chronicle my pending reviews. I've recently seen the following (some finished, the others initial runs): CSI Vegas
Season 9, Project Runway Season 5, X-Men: Origins of Wolverine. Thanks to the long, hot, and lazy holy week break, My Love and I were able to sate our TV and DVD addiction.

Let me start with my all-time fave TV show, CSI Vegas. For CSI
fans who haven't finished the series, this is a spoiler… don't read.

Watching CSI Vegas Season 9 was particularly especial for me as it brought about good memories of a show I used to regularly and consistently follow since it started up until it's 6th season. For whatever reason, I stopped watching it until I recently read reviews and saw on a talk show that Grissom was leaving. That made me interested to check the latest season and I wasn't disappointed.

Of course, adult content is still a given, Nick Stokes (George Eads) is still a hunk, Greg Sanders (Eric Szmanda) is becoming a cute-guy-next-door character, and new characters are added. But the story line had evolved and became, I should say nostalgic, as Warrick Brown (Gary Dourdan) dies in the first episode and Grissom left on Episode 10 to be with Sara. I felt sad when Grissom (Wiliam Petersen) left but felt happy just the same as he followed his heart to be with Sara (Jorja Fox), his lover. That was just sweet.

Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger) took over the CSI team as their supervisor and new characters - Riley Adams (Lauren Lee Smith) and Ray Langston (Laurence Fishburne) entered the picture as new addition to the team.

They provide a different twist to the team's existing culture. Although Langston's point of entry, in my point of view was a bit lame. For lack of way to have him join the group, CSI Vegas scriptwriters decided to make him a professor who wrote a book on his close encounter with a savage criminal and in one episode decided to have the criminal virtually get interviewed by a group of university teachers. Grissom joins the group as he was gathering lead to an existing investigation. Twist of twists, in the end, the killer Grissom was looking for was actually in the group of university teachers who was a copy-cat a.k.a. protege of Langston's criminal interviewee.

What I like about Langston's character though is the fact that he shows his vulnerability in some scenes where he learns of the in's and out's of being a CSI. And they turnout funny. Riley's character on the other hand is a fresh take from Sara, Catherine, or Sofia Curtis (Louise Lombard, who plays a detective in previous seasons). She comes in smart but low-key and clouds her personality by adding mysteriousness in her personal life. For sure, she'd eventually disclose more of who she is.

Overall, CSI Vegas Season 9 is a good watch. Funny, I never outgrow the endless killings and mystery solving… it's not like I get high watching it, I just feel like I'm one of the characters or perhaps an imaginary character. It's a dream job for me. If I would have to deal with cadavers and blood, a CSI job would be exciting!

Photo Credits: Google, CBS

Review: CSI Vegas Season 9SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: