Review: America's Next Top Model: Cycle 9

Yesterday morning, I finished watching all the 14 episodes of this cycle. Oh well, I actually started Wednesday night, right after American Idol, but my powers were so weak that I was only able to finish nine episodes.

Anyway, ANTM is one of my few favorite shows. I especially like the part where Tyra and her group of eccentric judges critique the models' pictures. My fondness of this show probably stems from a childhood dream to be a model... yes, yes, I suppose being one is a popular little girls' wishful thinking. Except that, I am literally a little girl!!! LOL!!!

This cycle's promotional tagline was "The Future Of Fashion". Each of the 13 finalists had a different type of beauty and personality. My only comment is the girls weren't as fiercely stunning as the previous seasons.

My personal faves were Victoria Marsham (the Yale graduate) and Heather Kuzmich (the one who has Asperger's Syndrome). Both are beautiful and have have quirks as well. Sadly, they both got booted out from the show - Victoria on the 4th episode and Heather on the 11th.

Some of the episodes were a bit boring. I was kinda' waiting for some exciting and different situation to happen.

Except for the episode where Ebony quit, some of the things that happened were usual -- the cat fights (Bianca vs. Shaleisa, Ebony vs. Bianca, Bianca vs. Chantal); the boobs flash (Sarah); and surprise celeb guests (Enrique Iglesias, Tyson Beckford).

I'd reco this to those who love ANTM (I still do because I love Tyra Banks), those who want to veer away from their usual telenovela shows or nothing-but-bad news, or those who simply want to chill out.


Review: America's Next Top Model: Cycle 9SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: