Best of 2008: The Year That Was

There are many blessings, challenges, opportunities, things, situations, and individuals I'm very thankful for in 2008. And I'm taking this time out to let the world know how colorful the year that was for me.

First, I'd like to thank the beautiful people who've helped, gave inspiration, unconditionally loved, critiqued, and disliked me for they've made me a better person:
  • My Love Nald, my forever confidante, best friend, adviser, my rock. I love you so much for accepting and keeping with all my quirks!
  • My Daughter Aleks who is one little feisty, funny, smart, curious, and lovable kid. You keep me grounded. Love you forever, Naneng!
  • My Mom, my inspiration. I dedicate my being to you who've given me life. I will forever me indebted to you, Mommy. I love you!
  • Nanay and Juday, thanks for taking GREAT care of us.
  • Our dogs Bugsy (our THEN 8-year old Rottweiler) and King (our NOW 7-month old Bullmastiff), you make life extra especial.
  • For my very few AND very good REAL friends: OO, Quellay, Jae, Krissy, Heather, Dimples, and Alexish for the especial moments and care we've shared and continue to do so in many more years!
  • My Business Partners: Lea B., Tessa L., Pam O., Grace V., Kat L., Jae L., and Gabby DS.. We're a team and our success is unstoppable!
  • Other business suppliers I've dealt with: Lea O., Rona E. for trusting me with your businesses.
  • My AGSB groups, professors, and classmates for all the learning you've shared.
  • The many people I've met in my line of work who've also shown me what it takes to be more successful.
  • My The DROPShop Online clients who bought my products. Thanks for all the trust and loyalty. =)
  • My hecklers (you know who you are) for all the challenges and opportunities you've opened for me and the realizations I've had. Without you, life won't be so exciting!
Second, I'm also very much blessed to have accomplished all these and more:
  • 2-bedroom condominium unit purchase at the East of Galleria in Ortigas, Pasig City " Four finished subjects in The Ateneo Graduate School of Business (Seven more to go and can't wait to enroll for the next term!)
  • Successful IELTS Review and IELTS Exam (c/o Quellay E.) where I got a score of 7.5 (the highest score is 9)
  • The DROPShop online launch (through Multiply): revamped and upgraded my site to Premium status
  • The DROPShop online domain registration " Expanded The DROPShop clientele base to more than 150 people to-date
  • First published article in HerWord, an internet gazette managed by Business World Online
  • First public talk at the First Nursing Expo at the SM Megamall, again through my great friend, Quellay
  • Second public talk at the Belle de Jour exclusive gathering in Rustans, Makati
  • Travel journeys for work to Cebu three times and in Bacolod once
  • Big sale of an Iloilo franchise (though not yet signed) at the office
  • And the ICING on my cake: Purchases of the following: SAMSUNG smart phone, MAC 13-inch 2nd Gen laptop, LG KP500 Cookie touch phone, lots of clothes, bags, shoes, accessories, food, and what-have-you's
Lastly, what I am very much thankful for to my old man up there are not just all these things he provided me but MOST ESPECIALLY the small and often times ignored BLESSINGS that happen everyday:
  • Waking up in the morning and knowing I'm still alive
  • Our family's daily morning bonding routine - eating breakfast together, riding together and listening and singing to music on our way to the office and school
  • The convenience of having my office located in the back of my daughter's school, so I get to bring and pick her up everyday
  • The flexibility of my job to accommodate my school and personal schedules
  • The comforts of our small yet very cozy home
  • Being able to eat and drink any food I want
  • Having the many talents and skills to do many things such as write articles, sell products, speak in front of many people, laugh at my mistakes and boo-boos, make people happy...
Overall, 2008 was very good in spite what others may say if they start talking about recession, economy, politics, and all other *rap. Sure I have a say on those things, too. But for now, there are just so many things to be grateful about. Period.

Best of 2008: The Year That WasSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: